What’s Affirm – BUY NOW & PAY LATER
We offer 2 types of financing
- Quicker and easier approval of “Parts, Boating Supplies etc” with Afterpay – have limit USD $2000
- Quicker and easier approval of “Parts, Marine Electronics, Hardware, Boating Supplies etc” with AFFIRM
Why buy with Affirm?
- Buy and receive your purchase right away, and pay for it over several months. This payment option allows you to split the price of your purchase into fixed payment amounts that fit your monthly budget.
- If Affirm approves your loan, you’ll see your loan terms before you make your purchase. See exactly how much you owe each month, the number of payments you must make, and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan. There are no hidden fees.
- The application process is secure and real-time. Affirm asks you for a few pieces of information. After you provide this information, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount that you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months that you have to pay off your loan — all within seconds.
- You don’t need a credit card to make a purchase. Affirm lends to the merchant directly on your behalf.
- You may be eligible for Affirm financing even if you don’t have an extensive credit history. Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you.
- Affirm reminds you by email and SMS before your upcoming payment is due. Enable Autopay to schedule automatic monthly payments on your loan.
What is required to have an affirm account?
Affirm offers clear, simple financing for your Karibou Marine Electronics & Boating Supplies purchases in just a few clicks:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO mailing address (excluding overseas territories).
- Have a valid postpaid US mobile number that can receive SMS texts. The phone number must be registered in the customer’s name, and we cannot accept VOIP numbers at this time.
- Provide name, email, valid mobile number, birthday and last 4 digits of SSN to help us protect and verify the customer’s identity.
Does affirm do a credit check, and how does it impact my credit score?
Affirm performs a “soft credit check” which will not affect your credit score. The soft credit check only allows Affirm to help verify your identity and determine your eligibility for financing. If you apply for more loans with Affirm, we may perform additional ‘soft’ credit checks to ensure that we offer you the best financing options possible, but there is no affect on your credit score.
Why was I denied financing by affirm?
If Affirm was unable to approve your application, Affirm will immediately notify you of the decision and denial reason via a secured message. For your privacy, only Affirm can provide information regarding your financing and application status. If you have an existing account, you may login to your account at www.affirm.com/account or contact Affirm via email at [email protected] for further information.
Why was I prompted for my checking account information?
Affirm sometimes requires additional information to consider a credit application. Such information may include an active checking account, which helps us verify a customer’s identity and ability to repay the requested loan. If the customer was prompted for this information but does not provide it, Affirm will be unable to approve the credit application.
Why was I prompted for a down payment?
Affirm isn’t always able to offer credit for the full amount you request. In these cases, Affirm asks you to make a down payment with a debit card for the remainder of your purchase. The down payment amount can’t be changed and must be made upon confirming your loan and before the loan offer expires.
Will I see how much interest I am paying prior to accepting my loan?
Yes! Affirm works hard to be completely transparent. You’ll see the amount of interest you’ll owe on the terms page and again on the loan confirmation page. If you pay off your loan early, you’ll receive a rebate for any interest that hasn’t yet accrued.
Interest Rates and Fees
What are Affirm’s fees?
The annual percentage rate (APR) on an Affirm loan ranges from 10% to 30%. Affirm discloses any required fees upfront before you make a purchase, so you know exactly what you will pay for your financing. Affirm does not charge any hidden fees, including annual fees.
Why is my Affirm interest rate so high?
When Affirm determines your annual percentage rate (APR), it evaluates a number of factors, including your credit score and other data about you. If you finance future purchases with Affirm, you may be eligible for a lower APR depending on your financial situation at the time of purchase.
This APR calculator will give you an idea of how much interest you actually pay: https://www.affirm.com/apr-calculator/
When you consider Affirm financing, carefully evaluate the loan terms that Affirm offers you and determine whether the monthly payments fit your budget.
How is interest on an Affirm loan calculated?
Affirm calculates the annual percentage rate (APR) of a loan using simple interest, which equals the rate multiplied by the loan amount and by the number of months the loan is outstanding.
This model differs from compound interest, in which the interest expense is calculated on the loan amount and the accumulated interest on the loan from previous periods. Think about compound interest as “interest on interest,” which can increase the loan amount. Credit cards, for example, use compound interest to calculate the interest expense on outstanding credit card debt.
SHOP & ADD to your shopping cart in Karibouusa.com
Shop our site and add what you want to your shopping cart. There is no minimum shopping cart value to qualify for Affirm financing.
Select affirm as a payment option
Once you’re finished shopping, and you’ve added all of your selections to your shopping cart, check out. As a payment option, select Affirm. You’ll be redirected to Affirm. Follow the steps provided there to apply. Once your loan is complete, your order will be processed automatically.
How do I make my payments?
Before each payment is due, Affirm will send you reminders via email and SMS that will include the installment amount that is coming due and the due date. You can also sign up for auto pay so you don’t risk missing a payment.
Please follow these steps to make a payment:
1. Go to affirm.com/account
2. You will be prompted to enter in your mobile number where you will be sent a personalized security pin.
3. Enter this security pin into the form on the next page and click “Sign In.”
4. You’ll now see a list of your loans and payments coming due. Click on the loan payment you would like to make.
5. You can make a payment utilizing a debit card or ACH bank transfer.
Subject to credit check and approval. Down payment may be required. For purchases under $100, limited payment options are available. Estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping fees. Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC. See www.affirm.com/faqs for details.